Opening Times and Visitor Information
March and April 2017
Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
Spring Season (April - June)
Thursday through Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- Easter Holidays (8 – 23 April) every day 10.00 – 16.00
- May Day (1 May) 10.00 – 16.00
- Half Term (27 May - 4 June) every day 10.00 – 16.00
Summer Season (July - September)
Wednesday through Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- Summer Holidays (22 July - 3 September) every day 10.00 – 16.00
Our education team is currently welcoming schools Monday to Friday 10.00 – 15.00 by prior appointment only. Contact email@example.com, call the team on 0191 424 1585 or visit schools page for details.
We want you to enjoy your visit, so for your own health and safety please:
- Keep children and any persons requiring dedicated care under supervision at all times - our site is extensive and contains live animals, deep water and dense wooded areas.
- Do not enter any animal field or pen, or feed the animals any of your own food.
- Do not eat or drink anything on the farm.
- Do not put your hands or fingers in or around your mouth when on the farm.
- Always wash your hands after spending any time on the farm, and ensure children and any persons requiring dedicated care do this too.
- Be careful around our animals - our pigs have strong jaws and large, sharp teeth so keep your distance and do not attempt to touch them. Our cattle and goats have large horns and can hurt you, and our geese, chicken and ferrets can give a painful nip.
Hand-washing facilities can be found in our Bede Museum.
Jarrow Hall is a no-smoking or vaping site. Smoking and the use of any e-cigarette or vaporising devices is not permitted anywhere within our buildings or grounds.