Opening Times and Visitor Information
Our education team is currently welcoming schools Monday to Friday 10.00 – 15.00 by prior appointment.
email@example.com / 0191 424 1585
We welcome advance group bookings and are happy to discuss additional extras including catering, room hire and tour guides, as well as visits to our site outside of regular opening hours. To explore your options, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to enjoy your visit, so for your own health and safety please:
- Keep children and any other persons requiring dedicated care under your supervision at all times - our site is very extensive and contains live animals, large exhibition spaces, deep water and dense wooded areas.
- Keep out of all animal fields and pens.
- Only feed animals the food provided and avoid hand-feeding them.
- Practice good hygiene; refrain from eating or drinking anything on the farm, and be sure to keep hands and fingers away from your mouth. Always wash your hands after spending any time on the farm, and ensure children and any other persons under your care to do this too.
- Be careful around the animals who live here; they are intelligent and have personalities of their own. In particular pigs have strong jaws and sharp teeth so keep your distance and do not attempt to touch them. Cattle and goats have large horns which can hurt you, while birds and ferrets can give a painful nip.
- Help us look after our historic and environmental oasis; recycle using the dedicated containers provided or use the general waste bins if necessary.
- Be mindful of others, and help us to ensure everyone enjoys their visit.
Hand-washing facilities can be found in our Bede Museum and at Hive Coffee Company in Jarrow Hall House.
Jarrow Hall is a no-smoking or vaping site. Smoking and the use of any e-cigarette or vaporising devices is not permitted anywhere within our buildings or grounds.