Try your hand....
Opening Times and Visitor Information
We are reopening our doors to visitors on Saturday 18th July. You must pre-book your ticket or slot, even if you already are an Unlimited Pass Holder. We will be open Thursday to Saturday 10am - 4pm for access to our Anglo-Saxon Village and Farm. Bede Museum remains closed at the moment.
Opening hours vary seasonally.
School bookings, private hires and public events are not currently taking place.
Please note that third party sites (including Google, Apple Maps and Trip Advisor) may display different opening times to the above due to an unavoidable delay between receiving our updates and adjusting their pages.
In response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic, we are currently not taking bookings.
The Groundwork education team welcomes school groups Monday to Friday by prior appointment. To find out more please visit our Schools page.
To make an enquiry or book your visit please contact the team at email@example.com or on 0191 536 4873
We welcome advance group bookings and are happy to discuss additional extras including catering, room hire and tour guides, as well as visits to our site outside of regular opening hours.
To explore your options, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to enjoy your visit, so for your own health and safety please:
- Do not enter if you have a high fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell
- Please use the sanitiser stations provided and wash your hands regularly
- Keep a safe distance of 2m from other visitors
- Please make sure that you follow the signs and instructions from our staff and volunteers at all times.
- Some pathways are now one way. These are marked on the map above and will be signposted on site
- These measures have been introduced to keep everyone as safe as possible. If you are unable to follow these rules you will be asked to leave.
- Keep children and any other persons requiring dedicated care under your supervision at all times - our site is very extensive and contains live animals, large exhibition spaces, deep water and dense wooded areas.
- Keep out of all animal fields and pens.
- Only feed animals the food provided and avoid hand-feeding them.
- Practice good hygiene; refrain from eating or drinking anything on the farm, and be sure to keep hands and fingers away from your mouth. Always wash your hands after spending any time on the farm, and ensure children and any other persons under your care to do this too.
- Be careful around the animals who live here; they are intelligent and have personalities of their own. In particular pigs have strong jaws and sharp teeth so keep your distance and do not attempt to touch them. Cattle and goats have large horns which can hurt you, while birds and ferrets can give a painful nip.
- Help us look after our historic and environmental oasis; recycle using the dedicated containers provided or use the general waste bins if necessary.
- Be mindful of others, and help us to ensure everyone enjoys their visit.
Hand-washing facilities can be found in our Bede Museum and at Hive Coffee Company in Jarrow Hall House.
Jarrow Hall is a no-smoking or vaping site. Smoking and the use of any e-cigarette or vaporising devices is not permitted anywhere within our buildings or grounds.